- 13-Dec-2016 to 03-Mar-2017 (MST)
- Denver, CO, USA
- Full Time
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 14 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Ready to wake up the Mile High City? Heritage AC KOSI 101.1 has an immediate opening for a morning co-host. KOSI is Denver's most listened-to radio station, reaching 740,000 listeners weekly. We're looking for someone to join our morning host, Jonathan Wilde, to build on the growth we've experienced over the past year. The station currently ranks #1 total week Women 25-54, but we're not satisfied. Our goal is to establish a real franchise in AM drive that will balance music and talk, offering our audience focused and family-friendly content with a unique angle on the day's most compelling topics. Engaging our audience on-air, online and in-person.
- Great storyteller who will be willing to share their life experiences with the audience
- Understands the KOSI target audience and lifestyles and can form a real connection
- Work synergistically with established, market veteran host
- Possesses strong commitment to show preparation and rehearsal
- Grow and evolve skill set under direction of Program Director and Morning Show Consultant
- Production/voiceover assignments as needed
- Assist with gathering, editing audio for program
- Contribute compelling content to station website and social media platforms
- Be engaging brand ambassador at station appearances and in all listener/client interactions
- Be effective endorser for station clients
- Handle news duties when news anchor is not available
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Great storyteller who is willing to share their experiences to connect with the audience.
- Open to coaching and a team player
- Understands how to effectively use social media to help grow the show.
- Ability to work with moderate supervision, confidential information and be a self-starter.
- Highly familiar with the benefits and shortcomings of all types of media including, but not limited to "heritage" media as well as all types of current and emerging social and digital media.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and proven ability to safely drive personal vehicle without exposing company to serious liability risks.
- Possess excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Preferred experience: Minimum five years' experience as an on-air radio personality.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Ability to consistently work hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, evenings, etc.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients
- Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal matters, company strategies, client's proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers, and by not distributing our proprietary research or other information to our competitors.