- 09-Feb-2017 to 01-May-2017 (MST)
- Denver, CO, USA
- Full Time
Paid holiday, vacation, & sick leave. Medical & dental insurance. Company-matched before- and after-tax 401(k) plans. Matching charitable grants program, educational assistance, Flexible spending account & more!
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 14 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
We need a dynamic Promotions Supervisor to coordinate winning promotions that satisfy listeners and advertizer needs for The Fan, KKFN/KEPN. The right individual will be an ambitous, energetic and proactive self-starter who possesses excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Participate in training to enhance professional skills and overall understanding of new and evolving media
- Manage all station promotions from concept through execution and recap.
- Proactively interact with The Fan's content department to understand brand and explore future marketing opportunities.
- Manage station promotion calendar and on-air promo inventory.
- Plan and execute all on-air contesting and manage prize inventory.
- The Promotions Supervisor will also be responsible for procuring all prize giveaways and submitting promotional proposals for giveaways, scheduling on-air giveaways via the VCreative prizing system; as well as produce recaps after conclusion of promotion.
- Hire and train on-call promotion assistants
- Manage event calendar and ensure staffing at all station events.
- Work with webmaster to ensure all web contesting is executed properly.
- Maintain and manager VPromotions which keeps all listener records and files, including an electronic database of prizes and contest winners.
- Manage staff of Promotions Assistants to ensure station presents a fun, family-friendly party image at all events.
- Work closely with sales staff to ensure client delight with station promotions.
- Prepare contest rules and communicate with company's legal department to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Moderate weekly promotions meetings with sales and programming staffs.
- Manage and prepare weekly newsletter to station loyalty club.
- Work with Program Director and Promotion Manager on planning and execution of cluster's promotional efforts at community and charity events.
- Manage station's social media presence and ensure content on all outlets reinforces the station's image.
- Develop proposals for promotional partners to ensure successful events and maximum exposure for the radio station.
- Will occasionally assist with promotions for other Bonneville Denver stations.
- Duties and responsibilities may be subject to change at any time
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two years in a similar role in the media industry such as managing promotions, special events, logistics/management.
- Applicant should have experience working with the public, as well as multi-tasking, creative, & excellent organizational skills.
- Must be available to work occasional late night and weekend events.
- Ability to organize, analyze and interpret statistical data and draw conclusions from finding and follow-through.
- Ability to work with moderate supervision, confidential information and be a self-starter.
- Capable and willing to resolve unexpected problems and be flexible to perform unscheduled assignments.
- A high level of proficiency with computers, software and new technologies.
- Highly familiar with the benefits and shortcomings of all types of media including, but not limited to "heritage" media as well as all types of current and emerging social and digital media.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and proven ability to safely drive personal vehicle without exposing company to serious liability risks.
- Possess excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
PREFERED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ideal candidate will have a knowledge and passion for sports and understand the lifestyle of the sports listener.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Google Docs, Microsoft and web-based Content Management System for station's website.
- Proficient in all aspects of social media, including but not limited to: Facebook, Facebook Insights, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers, pushing, lifting, stooping, kneeling.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 50 pounds on occasion.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Ability to consistently work hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, evenings, etc.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients
- Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal matters, company strategies, client's proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers, and by not distributing our proprietary research or other information to our competitors.
- Participate in and actively support Bonneville's EEO policy as it relates to recruitment, selection, evaluation, compensation, training, promotion and termination. Includes being knowledgeable and conversant with the FCC EEO Rules effective March 10, 2003, and understanding the compliance issues that safeguard the station's FCC license.
- Take a proactive role in supporting Bonneville's policy to prevent harassment of any kind within the workplace, at off-site places of company business and at company-sponsored social venues.
- Assure that employees working in your department will receive annual performance appraisals. Guarantee that employees will sign Conflict of Interest and Payola annually.