- 20-Apr-2017 to 15-May-2017 (MST)
- Greenwood Village, CO, USA
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 14 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
POSTION PURPOSE: Bonneville Denver is looking for energetic, outgoing, promotions intern to represent our stations, 98.5 KYGO, 101.1 KOSI, 104.3 The Fan and 1600 KEPN. Bonneville Denver is excited to announce the availbility of internships in the Promotions Department and are looking for students who are interested in a learning and working in marketing and/or radio. The Promotions Internship is designed to provide students with a strong interest in braodcasting and/or marketing an opportunity to learn how a cluster of radio stations operates from a marketing prespective. The intership will cover a quarter/semester/summer break period with approximately twenty (20) hours per week, for eight (8) weeks. The schedule will be arragned by the intern and the manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Intern must be registered at a university, college, community college or vocational-technical institute on a full-time basis and in good academic standing.
- Prefer candidates working toward degree in marketing, business, or broadcasting.
- Needs to be organized, able to meet deadlines and be a self-starter. Proven ability to be precise and accurate.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Be a positive representative of stations while interacting with listeners or clients at office or at events.
- Must have great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Physical demands: Must be able to lift and/or move 50+ pounds, set up 10x10 tent on your own and walk or stand for long periods of time.
Examples of experience that you could contribute to during your internship:
- Learn how to assist with day-to-day needs of event planning and execution through helping execute station events.
- Learn how to execute contests and fulfilling prizing according to station policies and rules at events.
- Provide enthusiastic and genuine interaction with station listeners, encouraging listener involvement with current and future station events.
- Effectively manage vital and confidential documents including prize sheets, program logs, concert and ticket proposals and event forms.
- Contact radio listeners to ensure timely and organized prize pickups, and answer any questions listeners might have.
THE APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT:
- A completed internship job application form
- A current academic transcript (preferred)
- Exertion up to 50 lbs. occasionally and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently; constantly moving objects.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.